Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ta Daaaaaaa!!!!!

We finished the "three R's" part of school last month and are now doing all the fun stuff we didn't have as much time for during the rest of the year. So, we are now enjoying art, drawing, nature studies, reading, cooking and other fun stuff. We decided to do a weekly joint art class with Ellia and Ben, figuring the more the merrier when it comes to getting messy! We will be learning about and copying a different artist each month, and this month was Eric Carle (I have been wanting to do this for a while now!)!

So, after two weeks of just painting tissue paper and drawing pictures, today everything came together! I must say that these guys did excellent jobs! I am proud of each of them for designing and creating their artwork!









And, of course, I had to get in on it, too, since it is creating, and ther is nothign I love better than creating! So, I had in mind a set of pictures to hang in Liam's room when we paint it this summer. Now, I just have to find frames!




Happy crafting!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice tractor, Mary Scott! Reminds me of that usborne book about vehicles :) Can't wait to see them on the wall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your artwork is quite impressive, Mary Scott! Definitely worthy of framing and hanging on the wall -- since I have NO talent in this area, I SO admire people like you who DO!!!

    ReplyDelete