Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

I had forgotten what fun a box of barley and an assortment of shovels, buckets, tractors and dump trucks can be! I don't think we've played with this since Darsie was about 2 or so, but today has been a very relaxing day because of it! Liam played with the barley box for about 45 minutes or so until nap time, driving his trucks, filling the dump trucks and then dumping them, feeling the barley run through his fingers and using his shovel to fill his buckets. The girls have now been playing with it with their polly pockets and other people for about 2 hours now, nicely sharing the box and its contents. I am sure I will have a great sweeping job to do when we put it away, but it has been nice to have something "new" for them to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. barley, huh? I'll have to try it with millet or rice or something... since I daren't use anything glutenous around myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend paige did dried beans and another friend did popcorn kernels. rice is also fun. lots of fun and different textures! barley just happened to be the cheapest when I was at the store.

    ReplyDelete