Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Time for School??

We have begun homeschooling the girls, obviously doing more with Katy than with Darsie at this point. Katy has learned about 45 or so phonograms so far and 30 spelling words. With Darsie, I have been focusing on one letter/phonogram at a time. I love the program I have for this, but I have also taken a break from it, figuring that we would pick it up again in the fall and focus more on the literature/science/art stuff for right now. At least, I figured that until I looked over at Darsie in church Sunday night. I heard her making sounds and was going to remind her to be quiet until I realized that she was sounding out letters to write words. Her paper had "buckit" (bucket), "prsin" (person), "god", "caw" (cow)....Amazing! So, maybe we'll start back in this summer! :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Im impressed! Can I send my kids to your house for phonics?

    ReplyDelete